Thursday 10 December 2015

Breakfast at Tiffany's

"You'll say, we've got nothin' in common
No common ground to start fromAnd we're falling apartYou'll say, the world has come between usOur lives have come between usStill I know you just don't care

And I said what about Breakfast at Tiffany's?She said I think I remember the filmAnd as I recall I think, we both kind o' liked itAnd I said well that's the one thing we've got"


Breakfast at Tiffany's - Deep Blue Something 

It is possible that in a little while I while look back and think, hmm after a few months off writing in your blog, you do a come back with Breakfast at Tiffany's? But you have to admit that this is a tune (unless you're a specific creative writer who was not having a bar of this song last time we played it at work). I've been jamming along to this at least once a day for the past few months and I wanted to bring it up so you can all have a listen and remember that twenty years ago this was a massive one hit wonder. 

I've been off the blogging record for a couple reasons - I went without internet for a month while moving, I've been working on other secret writing projects, and this year's music hasn't left me inspired at all, hence why we're going with a song from 1996. I mean yeah, there's been a few sweet songs pumping on the radio, but it's feeling a bit tired. There's been some notable comebacks: Gwen Stefani's new track is brilliant and I'm only starting to realise she's a genius. Adele and the Biebs have new tunes which are nice but not knocking off my socks, Imagine Dragons released a killer album which I heard most of at an amazing concert earlier this year, and I could happily not hear another T-Swift song for a while. 

Hopefully next year there will be some cracker songs released and I'll be able to churn out the blogs a bit more. Or else I'll dig through the one hit wonder charts and find some more gems like Breakfast at Tiffany's to muse about. My Sharona? How Bizzare? Poi E? (That is my favourite one hit wonder, for the record). 

In the meantime, take some life advice from a song that actually got to number one on the UK charts one week in 1996. Remember and cherish the small things. When it all seems lost, hold onto the hope of that stupid thing you've got in common. Sometimes, these make you the happiest. And above all else, worship songs about a film with Audrey Hepburn. 



No comments:

Post a Comment